What can be better than enjoying Netflix all day? Enjoying it in your regional language. The charm of immediately understanding the dilogies is pretty hard to resist which is why we need to know how to change language on Netflix.
Netflix is a famous and well-known streaming service that has the best Netflix shows, movies, and settings available in a variety of languages. When your screen displays a language (other than the native one), this might cause some confusion.
It might have been set to that language by mistake, by someone using your account, or by default. Whatever the reason is, it can cause confusion.
But you don’t need to worry, today we are going to explain how to change language on Netflix on any devices you are using so let’s dive into the technicalities of Netflix’s audio settings.
How to Change the Language on Netflix on Windows
Changing the language options for Netflix on computer Windows follows the same procedure. In case the settings are not in your preferred language, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Netflix’s official website.
- If you are not already logged in, please do so immediately.
- Check the upper right corner of the Home Screen, and click your profile symbol.
- Select Account from the dropdown options. If you can’t comprehend the options because your language uses a different script, the option directly after the line should suffice.
- When you’re on your Account page, go down to the My Profile section. Language should be a drop-down menu directly below your profile photo. If the first link does not take you to the language page, you may always try the other ones.
- Various options will be available to pick your desired language on the Language screen. Each language is shown in its unique writing style, making it simple to discover what you’re looking for.
- After you’ve selected your preferred language, click Save.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on Mac
Here is how to change Netflix language on Mac. Follow the instructions as directed and you are good to go.
- Go to the official Netflix website.
- Log in to access your account.
- In the top right corner of your Home screen, click your profile icon.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Account.
- Go to the My Profile area of your Account page once you’ve logged in.
- Language should be selected from a drop-down box below your profile photo.
- On the Language screen, you’ll be given options for which language to choose. Each language is shown in its own writing style, making it easy to find what you’re searching for.
- Click Save once you’ve chosen your desired language.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on a Chromebook
Here is how to change Netflix language on Chromebook. Follow the instructions as directed and you are good to go.
- Go to the Netflix official website.
- To access your account, you must first log in.
- Click your profile symbol in the top right corner of your Home screen.
- Select Account from the dropdown options.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to the My Profile section of your Account page.
- A drop-down box below your profile photo should be used to pick your preferred language.
- On the Language screen, you’ll have the option of selecting a language. Each language has its unique writing style, which makes it simple to find what you’re looking for.
- Once you’ve decided on a language, click Save.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on an Android Device
On the mobile version of the Netflix app, the incorrect language setting can also occur. You don’t have to worry because it is a pretty simple issue to resolve. If you wish to change Netflix’s current default language on Android, follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device. It’s important to note that you’ll need an internet connection to achieve this.
- Sign in and choose the profile with the desired language settings.
- The More choices menu may be found in the bottom right corner of the screen. This is the symbol with three lines on it.
- If you don’t understand the options, tap Account, which should be the second option directly after the line. Above the text, there should be a checkbox next to the My List option.
- The website for your Netflix account will be forwarded to you. To see the icons for all of the account’s available profiles, scroll to the very bottom.
- To change the language of a profile, click the dropdown arrow next to it.
- Select Change from the Language drop-down menu. It should appear as the second option in the dropdown menu.
- You will be offered the option of changing your language. Fortunately, these options are shown in the script of each language, making it simple to select the one you desire.
- After you’ve selected your preferred language, scroll down and press Save.
- You may now exit this screen and return to the Netflix app’s main menu. Your language preferences should now be updated.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on an iPhone
Despite the fact that the software must be downloaded through Apple’s App Store, the Netflix mobile app is not platform-specific.
This implies that changing the language on Netflix for iOS is nearly identical to changing the language on Netflix for Android.
If you’ve changed the language settings for the iPhone version of the app, follow the steps outlined above for switching languages on Android.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on a Roku Device
Any changes to your Netflix account’s language made on the website should also be reflected on your Roku TV. The adjustments are not platform-specific, so you may alter the Roku settings using the instructions provided on either the PC or Android versions.
- If you want to modify the Roku’s subtitles and audio, perform the following:
- By pushing the Home button on your remote, go to the Roku Home screen.
- Then, scroll down the side menu and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose Accessibility from the Settings menu by scrolling down.
- Select Captions as your chosen language from the Accessibility menu.
- Choose your preferred language from the list. There are a number of alternatives accessible to you.
- If this caption language is available, your Roku should utilize it. If you set up your Netflix profile on the internet, changes to the Roku settings will not necessarily alter the Netflix profile settings.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on an Amazon Firestick
Netflix settings may be modified separately on the website, similar to the Roku platform. To alter the local Firestick subtitles choices, follow these steps:
- Allow a video to play by opening it.
- Push Menu on your Fire TV remote or on the Fire TV app.
- Select Subtitles and Audio from the drop-down menus.
- Select Off from the Subtitles & Captions menu. You will be given numerous language options to choose from. Select your preferred option.
- Press the Menu button once more.
- Your video should now start playing in the language that you choose.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on an Apple TV
The actual profile language options, like those of other streaming devices, are determined by the browser rather than the platform.
However, if you want to change the subtitles on your Apple TV, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Home Screen of your Apple TV.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select General from the drop-down menu.
- Select Accessibility.
- Closed Captions + SDH may appear or be found under Subtitles & Captioning, depending on your Apple TV model.
- You can change the subtitle settings as needed from this menu.
- When you’re finished, navigate away from this screen.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on a Smart TV
Smart TVs now have their own subtitle and audio options, which may be changed independently of the Netflix show. Depending on your model, consult your Smart TV’s handbook to learn how to change the language settings.
The settings are usually found under the Language choices, which may be found under System Settings.
How to Change Language via the Netflix Website
Here is how you can change the language via the Netflix website.
- Go to Netflix.com and log in.
- Choose Account.
- Choose a profile.
- Choose a language.
- Choose a language for the display.
- Select the Save option.
How do I change the language back to the default on Netflix?
The dialogue box icon may be found by tapping anywhere on the screen. You’ll notice choices to change the language of the show you’re watching (audio or subtitles) from there.
It will continue playback in the language you selected when you touch OK.
Does changing the language also change the default subtitle language?
Although the audio and subtitle language settings are independent of the profile language, changing the profile language will also affect the audio and subtitles.
How to search for shows in a particular language?
You may put a language into the search field directly if you want a certain language to appear in the results. Then you may go through the videos in any sub-category.
How do I turn off Netflix dubbing?
To turn off Netflix dubbing and switch back to your default language, go to the Audio and Subtitle menu from the video and change the settings according to your requirements.
Now you know how to change the language on Netflix on multiple devices, you can enjoy a show or movie in your native language on any device.
Simply seeing a movie in a different language can help you become a more well-rounded global citizen. Happy streaming!