One of the lucidious advantages of being a Netflix user is to enjoy Netflix on multiple devices. Whether you want to enjoy your favorite show on PC, Smart TV, non-Smart TV, Firestick, streaming devices, or gaming consoles – Netflix has something for everyone, and today we are going to focus on how to watch Netflix on PS4.
You can watch your PS4 device to stream the most extensive content library AKA Netflix. From documentaries to dramas, from horror to comedy, you can find anything you want on Netflix from season to movies.
If you are looking to unblock foreign libraries of Netlfix – A premium Netflix VPN can provide you with a chance to unblock any country, so the entertainment options are unlimited.
“Quick Tip: You can jump directly to solutions if your Netflix is not working on PS4“
Easy Solutions for Netflix not working on PS4 in Australia
There are on and off chances that you have grabbed your drink and snack to prepare to enjoy the evening with Netflix, and you cannot watch Netflix content on PS4. Even though it is an annoyance – you can follow the following simple steps to resolve the issue.
1. Restart your PS4
The approach to use when Netflix is not working on PS4 is to restart your device. Rebooting PS4 can fix the issue; as it is the simplest solution, you should try it first.
2. Restart your router
The next step to resolving Netflix’s issue of not working on PS4 is to restart the Wi-Fi router. Sometimes the problem is caused by slow internet speed or internet issues which can be easily fixed by restarting the router.
3. Check PS4 for an update
In case there is an update pending – it can cause issues with watching Netflix on PS4. You can check for ‘System Software Update‘ in Settings and click the X button to complete the process.
4. Check Netflix PS4 for an update
The updates are not limited to PS4 firmware. Netflix’s pending updates can also cause an interruption in a smooth streaming experience. All you have to do in such cases is update the Netflix app.
To update the Netflix app on PS4, here is what you need to do.
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Select ‘Netflix app‘ in the ‘ TV & Video‘ section.
- Press the ‘Option‘ button on your PS4 remote controller.
- Choose the option ‘Check for updates.
- Select the option ‘Download and Update.’
If the issue is resolved – it is time to celebrate; if not – jump to the next solution.
5. Delete and Reinstall Netflix on PS4
Deleting and reinstalling the app can also help solve the issue with Netflix not working on PS4. This method can help you clear the stored cache and previous data.
Reinstalling Netlfix will provide you with a clean slate so you can enjoy Netflix without any interruption. Here is how to reinstall Netflix from the PS4 device.
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Select ‘Netflix‘ from ‘TV & Video’ section.
- Press ‘X‘ or ‘O‘ on the controller.
- Download and install the latest version.
6. Check DNS settings
DNS setting can also be the culprit when it comes to glitches in Netflix on PS4. Here is how to fix this issue.
- Start your device and select ‘Setup Internet Connection.’
- Select ‘Custom.’
- Go to ‘Wi-Fi‘ option and sect ‘DNS Setting.’
- Choose’Manual‘ option and set primary DNS to 22.214.171.124 and secondary to 126.96.36.199.
- Set the rest of the features to ‘Automatic.’
- Check if Netflix is working now.
7. Delete and Reinstall the Parental control tool on your PS4 Console
If you are using the parental control tool on your PS4, you can delete it and reinstall it to see if it’s working again. Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn off the parental control tool from your account and delete it.
- Restart your PS4.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
- Launch the Netflix app and it should be working now.
- If you want parental controls, you can reinstall the tool, enable it and try streaming Netflix again.
How to Watch 4K Netflix on PS4 in Australia?
If you want to enjoy HD quality shows on Netflix – here are the requirements you need to fulfil.
- A fast internet connection with at least 25 Mbps.
- An Ultra HD Netflix pan
- PS4 Pro system
- 4Kor UltraHD TV
How to Watch 4K Netflix on PS4 Pro in Australia?
With Netflix’s 4K plan and fast internet speed – you can enjoy Netflix shows in 4K quality. If you are accessing the Netflix content from the UltraHD 4K category of Netflix and your PS4 devices’ resolution, you are all set to enjoy Netflix content in 4K quality.
How to Watch Netflix in HDR on PS4 Pro in Australia?
If you want to watch Netflix in HDR on your PS4 Pro in Australia, you need to make sure your PS4 and Netflix plan supports the following features:
- Netflix plan that allows you to stream in Ultra HD.
- A streaming device for Netflix that supports HDR or Dolby Vision.
- Internet speed of 15 Mbps or higher.
- A smart TV that supports HDR10 or Dolby Vision. It should be connected to your PS5 with an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2 or later.
How to Watch Netflix on PS4 without PSN?
No, PlayStation™Network is an essential requirement to access Netflix on PS4, so you cannot watch Netflix on PS4 without PSN. It is a requirement to stream Netflix that you must be signed in to the PSN.
How to change the Netflix account on PS4 in Australia?
To change the Netflix account on PS4, you will first need to log out of your current accounts. Open the Netflix app, press ‘O‘ on the controller, select the gear icon, and choose ‘Sign out.’ Once you are logged out – you can enter the new credentials to access Netflix on PS4 from a different account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Netflix on PS4 free in Australia?
Though the app is available on the majority of PS4 devices – you will need a Netflix account. Select any Netflix pan that suits you, but you will need Netflix’s HD plan if you are looking forward to enjoying HD quality.
Can you watch Netflix on PS4 without Playstation Plus?
No! Access to PlayStation Plus Network is the primary requirement to watch Netflix on PS4.
How to log out of Netflix on PS4?
Here are the simple steps on how to sign out of Netflix on PS4.
- Open ‘Netflix‘ app.
- Press ‘O‘ on the PS4 controller.
- Select the gear icon.
- Choose ‘Sign Out.’
- Select ‘Yes.’
How to use Netflix codes on PS4?
What is the PS4 Second Screen app?
PS4 Second Screen is an app that is used on PlayStation consoles to sync it with your Android smartphone. Second Screen is a great way if you want to browse your PS menu more comfortably. To use the app, you need to log in to your PlayStation account and download the app.
The above information answers your queries related to how to watch Netflix on PS4 Australia, frequently asked questions, possible errors, and the solution to the errors. With all the concerns catered – you don’t need to enjoy Netlfix on a single device.
Similarly, with a VPN, you can also get American Netflix on PS4 in Australia. Based on your preference, you can watch Netflix anywhere from any device. Happy Netflixing!