Netflix – the king of entertainment, provides you with unlimited options. Whether it is drama, romance, action, thriller, suspense, comedy, or movies – you have to type the title, and you will have hundreds of choices. What can add to this experience? Knowing how to watch Netflix on TV. Watching Netflix on a TV screen is an experience you can get addicted to.
With Netflix on a giant screen and the perfect VPN, you don’t have to think about running out of entertainment. Unblocking the Netflix library of every country is a dream come true for many – all you need is to pick one of the best Netflix VPN from our recommendations and enjoy!
Knowing how to get Netflix on tv is not limited to a single type of type. There is so much you need to know when it comes to enjoying Netlfix on a widescreen – today, we are going to tell you all about it. We also attempted to answers frequently asked questions about watching Netflix on tv, but you are welcome to more.
How to Install Netflix on TV: Step by Step Guide
If you are interested in watching Netflix on TV – here is the step-by-step guide. Follow the instructions closely, and you will be an entertained person.
1. Check Netflix Availablity
Firstly you will need to know if Netflix is available on your device or not. Nowadays, most TV manufacturers provide the in-built option of major streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and others.
If you have the latest smart TV, you will have the option of Netflix along with a Netflix button on the remote. Navigate to Netflix and select it, log in and set it up. If you don’t have a Netflix app, you have to download it.
2. Install Netflix
Here are the steps involved in installing Netflix on your TV.
- Press the’ Menu‘ or ‘Home‘ button from the remote.
- Select ‘Apps‘
- Search for the app you are looking for in the search section.
- Type ‘Netflix‘
- Select Netflix and download it
- Open the app menu and select Netflix.
3. Select a Netflix Title on Device
- Go to the app menu of your device.
- Select ‘Netflix‘
- Search for a specific show from the ‘Search Bar‘ or pick one from the suggested list
- Click on the show and enjoy
How to Watch Netflix Using a TV App
Most of the TV are now equipped with streaming services, including Netflix. If your TV is one of them – you got the work cut out for you. Select the app, enter the login credential, type the show title, and enjoy!
How to Connect Netflix to TV From a Phone?
Want to connect Netflix on TV from your phone – you are in luck because it is pretty easy. This approach sets your TV as a display screen. Two main methods are practical in this case.
1. Connect Using Google Cast Built-in
TVs with Google Cast built-in provide you with the option to connect your phone to TV and enjoy Netflix. It is available on Vizio, Toshiba, Sonoq, Sharp, Philips, Skyworth, and Polaroid.
All you have to do is launch Netflix on your mobile phone, sign in, select cast icon, choose the device, connect to the device, choose the show, and watch it.
2. Use Netflix’s Second Screen
Your Netflix app has an innate ability to sync to the selected TV and streaming media devices so you can control the show from your phone. Here is how to use your phone as a remote.
- Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi as your TV.
- Launch Netflix on both devices.
- Sign in on both devices with the same account.
- Select the cast icon and finalize the device.
- Select the title, play, and enjoy Netflix!
How to Get Netflix on Non-Smart TV?
Here is the list of streaming devices that can turn your non-Smart TV into a smart one with an HDMI input or wireless connection.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick
- Game Consoles
- Connect a Laptop
1. Watch Netflix on a Non-Smart TV Using Apple TV
- Select Netflix on the main Apple TV menu.
- Select the option Already A Member? Sign in.
- Enter your Netflix credentials.
- Your Netflix account and device are now connected.
- Go to the home screen and select the App Store.
- Search for Netflix and select Get to download the app.
- Launch the app and sign in.
- Search for the title of the show and enjoy Netflix to your heart’s content.
2. Watch Netflix on a Non-Smart TV Using Roku
If you have a Roku streaming stick, you don’t need a Smart TV. You can changfe any TV into a Smart TV equivalent with a super-streaming device like Roku. Netflix was already available in the previous version of Roku; if you cannot find it on your device, download it, sign in, and enjoy.
- Navigate to the home screen and select ‘Netflix.’
- In case Netflix is not available, go to ‘Channel Store,’ and then ‘Movies & TV.‘
- Select ‘Netflix,’ ‘Add Channel‘, and then ‘Go to Channel.‘
- Select ‘Yes‘ when you are asked, ‘Are you a member of Netflix?
- A code will be sent, and you need to enter this code at netflix.com/activate.
- Now your Netflix account is connected to Roku.
3. Watch Netflix on a Non-Smart TV Using Chromecast
Chromecast is another simple media streaming device that can answer how to watch Netflix on TV. It lets you connect wirelessly to your TV and calls it casting.
- Plug-in Chromecast.
- Download Google Home.
- Connect your phone and device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Google Home & set Chromecast as a new device.
- Launch the Netflix app.
- Select the Cast icon.
- Select Chromecast from the available device list.
- Select a title and enjoy.
4. Watch Netflix on a Non-Smart TV Using Amazon Fire Stick
If you cannot find the Netflix app on Firestick, here is what needs to be done.
- Go to the home screen.
- Search for ‘Netflix‘ in the search bar.
- Download the app.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Your device is now connected to your Netflix account.
- Search for a title, play it, and enjoy.
5. Watch Netflix by Connecting Through a Laptop
You can also connect your laptop to your non-Smart TV, but an HDMI port is a must. Your laptop will also need a video-out port.
- Once connected, choose the input option on the TV.
- Press the Source button.
- Select the input that matches the port.
- Go to Netflix using a browser.
- Enjoy Netflix on TV!
What is the cheapest way to get Netflix on TV?
The cheapest way to get Netflix on TV is to sign up from a Netflix account from a country where packages are affordable. Another approach to enjoy the cheapest Netflix on TV is to invest in streaming devices such as Fire TV Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, and Google Chromecast.
How to log out of Netflix on TV?
In case you cannot locate the ‘Setting’ or Gear icon, here is how to log out from your Netflix account. Go to the Netflix application and use the remote’s arrow button to enter this sequence.
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
The options to deactivate the account and sign out will be visible, and you can choose either.
How to delete continue watching on Netflix on TV
If you want to remove any show from ‘Continue Watching,’ here is how to do it.
- Go to the app and tap the menu.
- Click on the three dots icon appearing in front of the show.
- Select remove.
You can also remove the titles from the viewing history, and it will delete it from ‘continue watching.’
How to switch profiles on Netflix on TV?
- Go to the Netflix app.
- Use the remote’s arrow buttons to enter this sequence.
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
- Select Start Over or Sign out.
- You will be given an option to sign in as a different user.
How to reset Netflix on TV?
The need to reset Netflix arises when the app becomes unresponsive or stuck loading. Here is how to reset Netflix on TV.
- Sign out of the Netflix app.
- Turn off the device and plug it out of the socket.
- Wait for a minute.
- Plugin the device
- Turn on the TVand sign in to Netflix.
How to Watch Netflix on TV without the internet?
As Netflix is a streaming service – you will need an active internet connection for streaming. The only option to play Netflix content on a TV without an internet connection is to connect the tablet/smartphone with HDMI output connected to the TV.
With all the provided information, you now have the answer to how to get Netflix on TV. When you pay the monthly subscription of Netflix – why not enjoy the content in all its glory? The experience of watching Netflix content on widescreen is exhilarating, and it will leave you wanting for more.
Once you get used to enjoying Netflix on TV – there is no going back. Happy streaming!