In the past few years, Netflix libraries have grown significantly. These libraries are region-specific and you can only watch the content if you are from a specific region. For this reason, you will need a free VPN for Netflix to access the global libraries of Netflix on iPhone from across the world.
We have discussed in detail how to watch Netflix on your iPhone using the best premium VPN service and the best free VPN that works with Netflix service. Have a look.
5 Best Free VPNs for Netflix on iPhone in 2022
1. Best 100% Free VPNs for Netflix on iPhone
- Windscribe – Safe & Friendly Netflix Experience on iPhone
- ProtonVPN – Free VPN with unlimited data for watching Netflix on iPhone
- ZenMate – Free VPN for Netflix with unlimited bandwidth on iPhone
- TunnelBear – Free VPN for Netflix with no throttling on iPhone
2. Best Premium VPN for Netflix on iPhone with a money-back guarantee
- ExpressVPN – Enjoy Netflix with a 30-day money-back guarantee on iPhone
Best Free VPNs For Netflix on iPhone – Full Analysis
The VPNs we have listed in this segment have gone through various testing criteria for your convenience. Let’s have a look at the steps below on how we analyzed the best free VPNs for Netflix on iPhone.
1) No-Logs Policy
There are many VPN services that send your personal data to third parties. For this reason, we have listed VPNs that don’t store your personal data, search history, and payment information because of their no-logs policy.
Many free VPN services only hide your basic IP details and don’t have any strong security protocols to keep your personal data safe from third parties. Our recommended free VPNs for Netflix on iPhone implement tunneling protocols and modern encryption to build a virtual network connection.
One of the key factors of using a free VPN to watch Netflix is to check whether they are capable of unblocking sites and bypassing geo-restrictions. For this reason, we have mentioned VPNs that are capable of allowing users to browse uncensored internet.
4)Dedicated App For iPhone:
The VPNs that we have mentioned come with a dedicated app for iPhones. The availability of an easy-to-use, dedicated GUI-based app for iPhone makes it easy to establish a VPN connection via a single click. Additionally, all the VPNs that we have mentioned above are designed to use on various versions of iOS.
1. Windscribe – Safe & Friendly Netflix Experience on iPhone
Windscribe offers a safe and friendly Netflix experience because of its easy-to-navigate iPhone app and decent server speeds.
Windscribe ensures no IP or DNS leaks, making it a safe and friendly experience for iPhone users. It is a free VPN that is capable of unblocking six Netflix libraries, including Switzerland, Germany, the UK, Canada, Turkey, and France.
Additionally, Windscribe’s free VPN service offers free servers in 10 countries worldwide. While the paid one offers 63 plus countries and 110 cities. The free version of Windscribe offers a data cap of 10GB which only lasts for 10 hours of HD-quality streaming.
- Includes an ad blocker.
- Designated streaming servers.
- A Special Windflix feature allows you to bypass Netflix geo-restrictions.
- Offers a 10GB/month data allowance.
- Customer support is not adequate.
Windscribe is rated 4.5/5 on the basis of its server list, speed, reliability, and unblocking of major Netflix libraries.
2. ProtonVPN – Free VPN for Netflix with Unlimited Data on iPhone
ProtonVPN is one of the most used free VPNs for Netflix on iPhone because it offers unlimited data. Also, the service offers free servers in three countries: the US, Japan, and the Netherlands.
The other significance of using a ProtonVPN is that it has a user-friendly UI which makes it easy for you to use this app. ProtonVPN doesn’t run ads to generate revenue, so you won’t see any ads-popup during the stream.
- User-friendly app.
- Enhanced download speeds for HD-quality streaming.
- Unblock 10 Netflix libraries.
- Smart DNS is unavailable.
Unlimited bandwidth and high-speed connection are the reason ProtonVPN gets a 4/5 rating.
3. ZenMate – Free VPN for Netflix with Unlimited Bandwidth on iPhone
ZenMate is best known for its unlimited bandwidth for iPhone users with lightning-fast connection speeds. It has 4700 servers and supports all OS platforms.
ZenMate comprises 698 American servers in seven different locations. This makes it easy to unblock the US Netflix library instantly. The platform protects users because of its DNS leak protection, efficient kill switch, auto-start option, and solid tunneling protocols like OpenVPN.
- Has a no-log policy.
- Unblock major libraries, including American Netflix.
- Comes with a 7-day free trial.
- Shortage of advanced customization.
- WireGuard is not supported.
ZenMate VPN could easily unblock Netflix’s major libraries with its instant server connections for which gains a high rating of 4/5 stars.
4. TunnelBear – Free VPN for Netflix With No Throttling on iPhone
TunnelBear ensures smooth internet connectivity, so you don’t feel any throttle while watching Netflix on your iPhone. It offers a free VPN for the Netflix Chrome extension so you can only cover your browser with a VPN connection.
TunnelBear is capable of accessing all global servers and offers servers in 48 countries, including the US. Also, it has the edge over some of the paid VPN services.
TunnelBear is a free VPN that lets you watch free Netflix by offering a smooth experience with simple navigation. It comprises a data cap with zero throttles.
- No hidden charges.
- Can connect multiple devices.
- Operates in 49 countries.
- Offer high-speed connections.
- No unlimited data.
- Connection loss occasionally.
TunnelBear gets a 3.5/5 rating for its decent connection speed which could easily unblock foreign Netflix libraries on different devices.
Best Premium VPN for Netflix on iPhone with a Money-Back Guarantee
Despite completely free Netflix VPNs, you should opt for a premium VPN to get the best streaming experience. We would highly recommend you get your hands on ExpressVPN.
1. ExpressVPN – Enjoy Netflix with a 30-day money-back guarantee on iPhone
ExpressVPN is the best free VPN for Netflix on iPhone because of its money-back guarantee that allows users to use the VPN risk-free for 30 days.
ExpressVPN offers 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries. It is the number one choice for many users because of its extensive features and functionalities, reliability, security, and stable internet connectivity.
- 30-day money-back guarantee offer.
- Allows you to unlock 20+ Netflix Libraries.
- Offers buffer-free streaming.
- Broad server network.
- More expensive than other VPNs.
It has a 5/5 rating based on unblocking major Netflix libraries, connection speed, and user experience.
How to Unblock Netflix on iPhone with a Free VPN
Let’s have a look at the steps below to unblock Netflix using a free VPN for iPhone:
- Download Windscribe and install the app.
- Verify your email address and tweet an ad for Windscribe. This gets you a total of 15GB of free data per month.
- Connect to a server located in your chosen Netflix region.
- Visit the Netflix website or launch the app.
- Start streaming: you now have access to previously geo-blocked videos. Change server country to access other Netflix regions.
Let’s have a look at the steps below on how to get a VPN free trial to unblock and stream Netflix.
- Sign up for a premium VPN that has a no-questions-asked refund policy (like ExpressVPN).
- Connect to a server located in your chosen Netflix region.
- Go to the Netflix website or open the app.
- Start streaming: you can now access new video content. To change the Netflix library, select a different server country
- Request a refund from the VPN service before the end of the 30 days or you won’t be refunded.
Free VPNs to Avoid For Netflix on iPhone
Let’s have a look at some of the free VPNs for Netflix on iPhone that you should avoid.
It is known for leaking IP addresses andy infecting with malware. Another factor that you should avoid Betternet is its reliability.
2) Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield VPN service leaks its DNS and injects trackers into its application to get your information.
3) Opera VPN
Opera VPN is a Chinese product and is not reliable because it collects user data and leaks your personal data.
On What Devices Can You Use a Free VPN to Access Netflix?
Most of the free VPN applications are compatible with desktops, tablets, smartphones, and laptops. To learn more about free VPNs for Netflix and their compatibility with different devices you can check our following guides:
|Free Vpn For Netflix On Firestick||Free Vpn For Netflix On TV||Free Vpn For Netflix On Android|
|Free Vpn For Netflix On Mac||Free Vpn For Netflix On Firefox||Free Vpn For Netflix On Xbox|
|Free Vpn For Netflix On Ps4|
A few of them also offer Chrome extensions and are compatible with routers and Apple TV. However, keep in mind that free VPNs usually offer a single multi-login, so ExpressVPN is always a better choice among them as it comes with five multi-logins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the iPhone Have a Built-in VPN?
iPhone comprises a Personal VPN feature that enables you to manage and create VPN configurations. It supports the IPSec, L2TP, and IKEv2 built-in protocols to manage configuration.
Do iPhones Built-In VPN Protocols Works With Netflix?
iPhones don’t have a built-in VPN or VPN protocols that work with Netflix. You will need free VPNs like Zenmate and Windscribe, or a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to access Netflix on your iPhone.
Is There a Safe Free VPN for Netflix on iPhone?
Yes, there are several safe free VPNs that you can download and start using to access Netflix on iPhone, such as
There are several options when you are hunting for the best VPN for Netflix iPhone. Free VPNs are the temporary solution to your problem. To get a permanent solution for the Netflix geo-blocking policy, you will need a paid VPN like ExpressVPN.