Why do people prefer Netflix over other media streaming services? It’s because of the flexibility to enjoy watching Netflix on different devices, including smartphones, TV, Firesticks, and gaming consoles such as PS5. Yes, you have heard it right. You can watch Netflix on PS5 by following the steps shared in this article.
Not only that, you can use a reliable VPN service to watch geo-restricted Netflix content in your region on PS5. This is the reason we advise you to select a premium service from our recommended list of the best VPNs for Netflix.
You should know that you can’t watch Netflix on PS5 without a PSN account. That’s why you can download a PlayStation compatible VPN to unblock more than 20 Netflix libraries, especially Netflix America and some of the free Netflix VPNs work with PS5.
By the way, VPN providers don’t design VPN apps for PlayStation. That’s why you can either configure VPN on the Wi-FI router or on your computer to share with the PS5 using an Ethernet cable.
First, check if your WI-Fi router is compatible with your selected premium VPN service including ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN to watch American or any other Netflix library. The next step is to configure the VPN on your router and connect it with your PS5 to enjoy a VPN connection.
Moreover, you can also buy pre-configured routers from VPN services to save yourself from the hassle of configuring the router manually. You can also configure your Windows, Mac, or PC to share the VPN with the PS5 using an Ethernet cable.
Open the installed VPN services and connect to the US server. Next, plug in the Ethernet cable in your computer and the PS5 console.
You can type “Control Panel” in the Windows search bar of your computer. Next, select the “Network and Internet” and go to “Network and Sharing Center.” Lastly, choose “Change Adapter Settings.”
Here, you can see the VPN adapter. Simply right-click on it and go to its properties. Select the Sharing option and check the option “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.” Lastly, press ok.
On the PDS5 side, you need to go to “Settings” and “Network.” Here, select the “Set up Internet Connection,” go to “Use a LAN Cable,” and choose “Easy.”
Now, you can enjoy VPN services on PS5 to watch Netflix America.
How to Watch Netflix on PS5 from PC
If you want to enjoy Netflix on PS5 from your PC or laptop, you should use a USB for this purpose. You must be wondering, Why USB? Yes, you need to download the movies or other shows on your PC, transfer to USB, and watch on PS5.
- Instead of PS5, you must download the “Netflix” app on your PC.
- Next, enter your username and password.
- You can search for the movie or any other show you want to watch.
- Use the download option of Netflix to download the episode on your PC.
- After downloading, transfer the media file to your USB.
- Lastly, connect the USB to the PS5 port, and enjoy the show.
What if Netflix Doesn’t Work On PS5?
Sometimes, Netflix doesn’t open on PS5. Though it seems like a valid reason to cancel your Netflix subscription, there is no need to panic. We have a solution to your problem:
1. Restart PS5
Let’s start with simple solutions. You can reboot PS5 to see if it fixes the Netflix issue.
2. Restart the Internet Router
An unstable or fluctuating Internet connection doesn’t let you watch Netflix on PS5. You can restart your WiFi router by switching it ON and OFF. Moreover, you can also place the router close to PS5 to reduce interference from other electronic devices.
3. Check for an Update
You should update PS5 regularly. If you have a long-pending update, Netflix might not work on PS5. You can check for the currently available updates “System Software Update” under the “Settings” tab. Lastly, press the X button to complete the update process.
4. Check for Netflix Update
If your Netflix app is outdated, it may interrupt your streaming experience on PS5. You must check if there is an update available for the installed Netflix app.
- First, turn on PS5 and navigate to the main menu.
- You can choose the “Netflix” app available under the “TV & Video” tab.
- Next, select the “Option” button, available on the PS5 remote control.
- To update the Netflix app, select the option “Check for updates.”
- Lastly, choose the “Download and Update” option.
5. Delete Netflix and Reinstall on PS5
Sometimes, deleting the Netflix app on PS5 and then reinstalling it solves the streaming issue.
- Navigate the main menu after turning on PS5.
- Next, select Netflix from the “TV & Video” tab.
- You should press X and O on the PS5 remote controller to download and install the latest Netflix version.
6. DNS Settings
Sometimes, DNS settings don’t let you watch Netflix on PS5.
- Turn on the PS5 and choose “Setup Internet Connection.”
- Next, go to “Custom” and opt for the “Wi-FI” option.
- Here, you can see the heading for “DNS settings.”
- You can select the “Manual” option to set the primary DNS setting to 18.104.22.168.
- Moreover, you should select the secondary DNS settings to 22.214.171.124
- Lastly, select “Automatic” for the rest of the features
7. Use Ethernet Cable
If none of the above resolution methods work, you can use a wired Internet connection or an Ethernet cable to resolve the Wi-Fi connection problem. Obviously, an Ethernet cable offers a stable and more reliable Internet connection, thus enhancing your overall streaming experience on Netflix.
Can you watch Netflix on PS5 without PSN?
Is Netflix on PS5 free?
The primary purpose of this article is to provide different methods to watch Netflix on PS5 and help you change your Netflix region. Not only that, but you can also troubleshoot the problems if Netflix stops working on PS5. All you need to do now and enjoy Netflix to your heart’s content.