As the entertainment is now limited to indoors, streamers are opting for unblocking unlimited content on their favorite streaming services. Whether it is finding out the best VPNs for Netflix or accessing the service not available in your region, all of us know the struggles of being entertained.
Though it is hard to select what to watch, sometimes it becomes even harder to get rid of the watched shows.
Today, we are going to learn how to remove continue watching on Netflix to make your streaming experience more enjoyable and relaxing.
As Netflix uses the watched data for setting the mood regarding your preference, the ‘continue watching‘ section is helpful in some cases.
But, let’s be fair, if the movie was that interesting, you wouldn’t have stopped watching it right! So let’s know how you can get rid of this annoyance on any device.
Remove continue watching on Netflix from Android
If you are an Android user, here are the simplest steps that can help you remove continue watching on Netflix. Here it is important to note that these steps are only useful if your Netflix app is updated to the latest version.
- Open the app and go to the Home tab.
- Go to the Continue Watching section.
- Click the three-dotted option visible next to the title.
- Select Remove from Row and confirm by selecting OK.
Remove continue watching on Netflix from iOs Devices
If you are using an iOS device, the steps answering how to remove something from continue watching on Netflix is slightly different. Here is what you will need to do.
- Select the profile you are targeting for deleting Continue Watching.
- Go to the bottom of the page.
- Select the profile for expanding the menu.
- Select Viewing Activity.
- Select the circle with the line through it (visible against the watched shows and movies).
- Selecting the icon will mark the title as hidden.
Remove continue watching on Netflix from the Desktop
If you directly want to delete the Continue Watching titles, click here. Otherwise, follow the steps to understand what needs to be done.
- Hover the mouse over the arrow (down) next to your profile picture and select the Account.
- Go to the bottom, choose the profile, and select Viewing Activity.
- Find the show or movie you want to delete from the watchlist and select the circle with the line through it to hide the title.
- By removing an episode of a show, you can remove the entire series by selecting the Hide series.
Reasons to Remove ‘Continue Watching’
Sometimes, users click the title hoping to enjoy the show but after a few minutes they realize that the show is not worth watching so they start enjoying another title. As the user started watching a show, Netflix thinks that he/she wants to continue it.
The nuisance of irrelevant suggestions can make you want to scream and cancel your subscription.
What Is the Continue Watching Row?
The ‘Continue Watching Row’ is one of the most impressive features of Netflix. It allows the user to close the app while watching the show and resume watching where they left the show/movie.
It helps the users to enjoy the title without going through the whole list and watching content again. You can also use the secret codes to alter the ‘Continue Watching Row’ recommendations.
According to Christine Doig-Cardet, director of product innovation at Netflix, “this new button lets you constantly keep your ‘Continue Watching’ row fresh and filled with the shows and movies you can’t wait to watch.”
There is no doubt that Netflix is the ultimate entertainment. When you add the charm of changing Netflix regions through premium VPN services such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark, PureVPN, and CyberGhost – you cannot deny the opportunity of unlimited entertainment.
With the chance to enjoy everything, you need to manage the ‘Continue Watching section so it contains the titles you actually want to enjoy. As now you know how to remove continue watching on Netflix, you are all set to enjoy an uninterrupted streaming experience.