Why do people prefer Netflix over other media streaming services? It’s because of the flexibility to enjoy watching Netflix on different devices, including smartphones, TV, Firesticks, and gaming consoles such as PS5. Yes, you have heard it right. You can watch Netflix on PS5 by following the steps shared in this article.
Not only that, you can use a reliable VPN service to watch geo-restricted Netflix content in your region on PS5. This is the reason we advise you to select a premium service from our recommended list of the best VPNs for Netflix.
You should know that you can’t watch Netflix on PS5 without a PSN account. That’s why you can download a PlayStation compatible VPN to unblock more than 20 Netflix libraries, especially Netflix America. By the way, VPN providers don’t design VPN apps for PlayStation.
That’s why you can either configure a VPN on the Wi-FI router or on your computer to share with the PS5 using an Ethernet cable.
First, check if your WI-Fi router is compatible with your selected premium VPN service including ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN. The next step is to configure the VPN on your router and connect it with your PS5 to enjoy a VPN connection.
Moreover, you can also buy pre-configured routers from VPN services to save yourself from the hassle of configuring the router manually. You can also configure your Windows, Mac, or PC to share the VPN with the PS5 using an Ethernet cable.
Open the installed VPN services and connect to the US server. Next, plug in the Ethernet cable in your computer and the PS5 console.
You can type “Control Panel” in the Windows search bar of your computer. Next, select the “Network and Internet” and go to “Network and Sharing Center.” Lastly, choose “Change Adapter Settings.”
Here, you can see the VPN adapter. Simply right-click on it and go to its properties. Select the Sharing option and check the option “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.” Lastly, press ok.
On the PDS5 side, you need to go to “Settings” and “Network.” Here, select the “Set up Internet Connection,” go to “Use a LAN Cable,” and choose “Easy.”
Now, you can enjoy VPN services on PS5 to watch Netflix America.
How to Watch Netflix on PS5 from PC
If you want to enjoy Netflix on PS5 from your PC or laptop, you should use a USB for this purpose. You must be wondering, Why USB? Yes, you need to download the movies or other shows on your PC, transfer to USB, and watch on PS5.
- Instead of PS5, you must download the “Netflix” app on your PC.
- Next, enter your username and password.
- You can search for the movie or any other show you want to watch.
- Use the download option of Netflix to download the episode on your PC.
- After downloading, transfer the media file to your USB.
- Lastly, connect the USB to the PS5 port, and enjoy the show.
What if Netflix Doesn’t Work On PS5?
Sometimes, Netflix doesn’t open on PS5; however, we have a solution to your problem. Here are a few things to try if Netflix on PS5 is not working.
1. Restart PS5
Let’s start with simple solutions. You can reboot PS5 to see if it fixes the Netflix issue.
2. Restart the Internet Router
An unstable or fluctuating Internet connection doesn’t let you watch Netflix on PS5. You can restart your WiFi router by switching it ON and OFF. Moreover, you can also place the router close to PS5 to reduce interference from other electronic devices.
3. Check for an Update
You should update PS5 regularly. If you have a long-pending update, Netflix might not work on PS5. You can check for the currently available updates “System Software Update” under the “Settings” tab. Lastly, press the X button to complete the update process.
4. Check for Netflix Update
If your Netflix app is outdated, it may interrupt your streaming experience on PS5. You must check if there is an update available for the installed Netflix app.
- First, turn on PS5 and navigate to the main menu.
- You can choose the “Netflix” app available under the “TV & Video” tab.
- Next, select the “Option” button, available on the PS5 remote control.
- To update the Netflix app, select the option “Check for updates.”
- Lastly, choose the “Download and Update” option.
5. Delete Netflix and Reinstall on PS5
Sometimes, deleting the Netflix app on PS5 and then reinstalling it solves the streaming issue. Here’s how to exit Netflix on PS5 and reinstall it.
- Navigate the main menu after turning on PS5.
- Next, select Netflix from the “TV & Video” tab.
- You should press X and O on the PS5 remote controller to download and install the latest Netflix version.
6. DNS Settings
Sometimes, DNS settings don’t let you watch Netflix on PS5.
- Turn on the PS5 and choose “Setup Internet Connection.”
- Next, go to “Custom” and opt for the “Wi-FI” option.
- Here, you can see the heading for “DNS settings.”
- You can select the “Manual” option to set the primary DNS setting to 126.96.36.199.
- Moreover, you should select the secondary DNS settings to 188.8.131.52
- Lastly, select “Automatic” for the rest of the features
7. Use Ethernet Cable
If none of the above resolution methods work, you can use a wired Internet connection or an Ethernet cable to resolve the Wi-Fi connection problem. Obviously, an Ethernet cable offers a stable and more reliable Internet connection, thus enhancing your overall streaming experience on Netflix.
Amazing Netflix features you can avail on your PS5 in Australia
Here are a few features you can avail yourself on your PS5 in Australia:
- Netflix supported regions. Netflix is available on PS5 in all regions where the streaming service is available.
- Resolution. You can stream movies and shows on Netflix on your PS5 in Ultra HD video quality. There are plenty of titles available in Ultra HD on Netflix.
- Easy Navigation. You can browse through Netflix via movie posters or select Search to find the titles using your remote controller.
- Subtitles and Audio. You can also select subtitles and change audio settings offered by a movie or a TV show on Netflix.
- Second screen option. You can also use the Netflix app on your iPhone, iPad, and other Android devices as a second screen for your PS5 app. This way you can screen share Netflix on PS5.
How to Watch Netflix in Ultra HD on PS5 in Australia?
Netflix also offers an option to watch movies and shows in Ultra HD on PlayStation consoles. Currently, the following models of PlayStation support Netflix in Ultra HD:
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- PlayStation 5
To watch Netflix on PS5 in Ultra HD in Australia, you need:
- Netflix plan that supports Ultra HD streaming.
- An internet connection speed of 25 Mbps or higher.
- A TV that is compatible with Ultra HD Netflix streaming. Make sure the TV is connected to your PS5 via an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2. or later.
How to Watch Netflix in HDR on PS5 in Australia?
Netflix also supports HDR streaming on PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4 Pro in Australia. To stream Netflix in HDR, you need:
- Netflix plan that allows you to stream in Ultra HD.
- A streaming device for Netflix that supports HDR or Dolby Vision.
- Internet speed of 15 Mbps or higher.
- A smart TV that supports HDR10 or Dolby Vision. It should be connected to your PS5 with an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2 or later.
Can you watch Netflix on PS5 without PSN in Australia?
Is Netflix on PS5 free in Australia?
How do I turn off my PS5 controller while watching Netflix?
The primary purpose of this article is to provide different methods to watch Netflix on PS5. Not only that, but you can also troubleshoot the problems if Netflix stops working on PS5. All you need to do now and enjoy Netflix to your heart’s content.
The blog mentions all the steps on how to watch Netflix and play games on PS5. If you are wondering how to get American Netflix on PS5, you simply need a VPN to change your Netflix region in Australia.