There is no doubt that Netflix and Apple are the biggest industries related to technology and entertainment. With these giants’ collaborations, our hopes of a slick interface and easy-to-use set-top box are fulfilled. Apple TV lets you enjoy the expansive Netflix library with high resolution. Today, we will answer a frequently asked question, how to watch Netflix on Apple TV, so stay tuned for more information.
US Netflix library is considered to be the most extensive one based on the selection of the content. It means if you live outside the US, you are probably paying more but getting fewer titles than Americans. With some of the most hyped and best shows, there is no wonder that everyone wants to get their hands on the American Netflix library.
Using a VPN or SmartDNS technology are two of the most effective solutions for unblocking US Netflix from anywhere. As connecting to a VPN server is easier and more effective compared to the configuration of DNS on your device, we recommended it. Still, these options are described below for your understanding & convenience.
How to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV in April 2022
You can access American Netflix from anywhere by following these simple steps. As ExpressVPN is considered one of the best VPNs for Netflix, we recommend it and use it as an example to change your Netflix region on Apple TV.
- Download and Install ExpressVPN.
- Connect to the server of the desired country.
- Refresh the Netflix homepage.
- Search for the title of the show.
- Enjoy your favorite shows!
How to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV with DNS
SmartDNS technology is also effective for unblocking foreign Netflix libraries. Here is how you can do it.
- Create a free trial account.
- Log In to the account and follow the instruction for device setup.
- Go to Network Settings.
- Set two DNS servers.
- Activate the IP addresses.
- Restart the system for setting the new IP address as a default.
How can I get 4K Netflix Streaming with Apple TV?
Yes, if you are subscribed to Netflix’s premium plan, you can enjoy 4K streaming on Netflix. Various factors can affect the resolution of Netflix content on Apple TV. The first and second generations of Apple TV allow resolution up to 720p while starting from the 3rd generation, you can enjoy the resolution of 1080p.
Apple TV 4K further enhances your streaming experience by supporting 2160p resolution. Your internet connection plays a significant role in resolution as slow internet speed will not let you enjoy 4K streaming even with a premium Netflix account.
How to watch Netflix on Apple TV 2 and 3?
In case you want to enjoy Netflix on Apple TV 2 and 3, keep in mind that it supports a resolution of upto 720p. All you need to do is to go to the Home screen and follow the listed steps.
- Select the ‘Netflix‘ TV app listed in the main menu.
- Select the ‘Sign In‘ option.
- Enter your credentials
- You can now enjoy your favorite Netflix show of Apple TV 2 and 3.
If you want to get the Netflix app on Apple TV 1, you can convert the Netflix TV app to the Apple-supported format through the Wondershare converter.
Steps involved in connecting Netflix account to Apple TV
Connecting your Netflix account to Apple TV is pretty easy. Here is how you can do it without any difficulty.
- Download the Netflix app on your Apple TV.
- Open the downloaded Netflix app on the Home screen.
- Select Sign In option.
- Enter the credentials.
- Select the Profile.
- Type the Title of the show.
- Select Play.
In which regions can you watch Netflix on Apple TV?
In any region where Netflix is providing its streaming services, you can enjoy Netflix on Apple TV. Currently, Netflix is available in over 190 countries that make it one of the most accessible streaming services around the globe.
The countries where Netflix is not available include Syria, North Kora, Crimea, and China. You can also use a Free VPN for Netflix on TV to access different Netflix libraries.
How to get the Apple TV Netflix subtitles and alternate audio?
Here are the steps involved in the configuration of alternate audio.
- Boot the Netflix app.
- Choose a show and play it.
- During the playing, press the center button of the remote.
- Now you can easily select subtitles and audio as per your preference.
The captions and subtitles are displayed on the lower part of the screen, but these settings can be adjusted. If you want to customize the caption placement, play the show for five minutes after moving the caption header, and your preferences will be set. You can change the subtitle appearance by logging onto your account and change subtitles from your profile section.
Netflix not working on Apple TV: Solutions
Facing issues while streaming is pretty standard, so it is essential to know the solution to resolve these issues. If you are unable to connect your Apple TV to Netflix, try these tested solutions.
- Reset your Apple TV by unplugging it. Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug it again.
- Check if your internet connection is stable. Go to the setting menu on your Apple TV and test the internet network.
- Check for the pending software updates.
- Close the Netflix app and reopen it.
Hopefully, your issues have been resolved. If not, contact Apple support and discuss the issue for immediate resolution of the problem.
Is Netflix worth watching on Apple TV in Australia?
Though Apple TV comes with multiple shows, adding a Netflix account is key to unlimited entertainment. With the sheer volume of shows available on Netflix Australia and the unmatchable video quality offered by Apple TV, the combination becomes too good to resist.
What are other devices suitable for watching Netflix?
You can enjoy Netflix Australia on any internet-connected device that offers the Netflix app. Here are examples of a few devices that are compatible with Netflix.
How to watch Netflix on Apple TV from iPad?
You can watch Netflix on apple tv from iPad through casting. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Open the Netflix app on your iPad.
- Enter the login credential
- Once you are signed in, select the Cast icon available on the upper or lower right corner of the screen.
- Select the target device.
- Select the show title and press Play
How to quickly fix Netflix Delays on Apple TV?
Some users complain that the Netflix app often stops working with Apple TV. As the service freezes, it causes inconvenience to the subscribers.
All you have to do is click on the Apple TV remote and double-tap the Home button to access the App Switcher. Swipe on the touchpad and quit the app. Open the app again and enjoy your favorite shows.
Can I change Netflix membership in Australia?
Yes, you can change your Netflix membership from basic to standard to premium anytime you want. Keep in mind that the payment plans vary with the packages.
How to uninstall Netflix from Apple TV in Australia?
You can easily uninstall Netflix from Apple TV in Australia by following these simple steps.
- Go to the Home screen of Apple TV.
- Navigate to the Netflix app.
- Hold down the Touch surface till the Netflix app starts jiggling.
- Press the Pause/Play button.
- Choose the Delete option.
There is no denying that the 4K resolution can enhance the Netflix streaming experience, and Apple TV can help you with that. With the improved video quality, you can enjoy your favorite shows like never before, so what are you waiting for! Happy streaming.